Saturday, March 30, 2013

Stamp Winner and Some Butterflies

This month's Crate Creative Weekly focused on butterflies. I love butterflies, but was stumped as to what I wanted to do. I decided to go with a bold look. Maggie Holmes' watercolor paper and the one with clouds on it were perfect to do so.



This is a picture of Fran and Ryan at our favorite hiking spot. I wanted the theme of the page to be 'outdoorsy' and   focus on that 'free' feeling they get when they are out in the park.
 I used a tag and chipboard frame to layer under my picture. I added a gem clip and cut a portion of a canvas frame to add to the bottom.

Another piece of canvas frame was used as my title. I didn't want anything too bit to take away from teh butterflies. I also used my typewriter for the first time on this page.


The butterflies were cut with my Silhouette. Then I cut vellum slightly smaller. I stitched them together and added some gems. I love the soft look the vellum gives them. 

Finally, congrats to SuZeQ who won my stamp giveaway. Thanks to those of you who stopped by and left a comment.

Have a wonderful day and thanks for stopping by. 

8 comments:

noomiy said...

Amazing page!

Kerala Vacation Packages said...

Waoo !!!
Great work.keep it up.

Patty O'Malley said...

Beautiful page. Butterflies are a favorite of mine, too.

Romy said...

Gosh, it's such an amazing lay-out! I simply love those butterflies.

Staci Taylor said...

So gorgeous!!

Lillian Child said...

Amazing layout ... lovin' those butterflies!

Anonymous said...

This has got to be...I know it is....the most gorgeous page ever :-)

Christin aka Umenorskan said...

Love your butterflies !!!