Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Skylanders

Sorry it's been a while. Time got away with me and then the stomach flu hit. Ugh! Just now starting to feel human again, so I thought I'd post while I had some time.

I had some time to play along with Studio Calico's member challenge last week. I've been wanting to do a page about Ryan's love of Skylanders for a while. What are Skylanders? Well, if you have a boy, you probably know what I'm talking about. It's a video game. But, they suck you into buying these cute little figures. You pop them on portal and they appear on the screen. He's been hooked for a while. The interest started to wane this fall, but lo and behold came Series 2- Giants! So, now we are on the hunt for them again. LOL!

 The challenge was to use 4 squares, strips of paper, letter stamps, misting and 3 small embellishments.
 Most of the items I used were from January's Block Party kit. I added several of the printable die cuts. I love these things!
 I added a stitched border around the edge to ground everything.
The misting came in on the wood veneers. I used Mr. Huey's Real Red and Gold. I substituted some washi for my paper strips.

Can you see all of his Skylanders in the photo?

Here's another page that I did recently for Emma's. It's about my other little guy in the house - Pulu. This cat LOVES boxes. I snapped this shot a while ago. He cracks us up. He lays in wait and jumps out for the attack whenever we walk by.

I used a lot of American Crafts goodies on here.


 The title was cut from my Silhouette and I lots of stickers, enamel dots and wood stars.
 The 'hello bubble' and arrows were stamped with Pink Paislee Portfolio stamps and embossed with Denim Zing powder.
Well, that's about all for today. Still recovering from this stomach thing, so my burst of energy is over. Off to lay down. LOL.

Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hope you will feel better today and by the weekend be as fit as a fiddle. Take care!!!!

Usha
usharaneem@yahoo.com

Keshet said...

These are both fabulous. Love the colors!

LG said...

WOW these are amazing!!!! Loving the colors and all your layering

Danielle Flanders said...

You're so talented! How is everything going? Hope you are feeling better.
Dani

Monique Liedtke said...

Terrific layouts!!! Love how different in style they are. Great photo of the cat :)
Hope you'll feel better soon!