Monday, September 26, 2011

The Shabby Tea Room #81

I'm starting off the week in a fun way! Debbie asked me to be the Guest Designer this week at The Shabby Tea Room, and of course I said yes. I love TSTR! The inspiration is always so, well, inspiring. I have to admit that I was a bit nervous when I found out that this week's prompt was to use chevrons along with the colors from a photo. I hadn't exactly jumped on the 'Chevron Train', so I wasn't sure how things were going to work out. Well, luckily, I saw an awesome tutorial on making chevrons HERE, so I figured I'd give it a try. I was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed doing it! Here's my card:




I started off with a piece of Core'dinations cardstock that was embossed with chevrons. Then, I created my chevron patterns using the Crate Farmhouse and Peppermint lines.

Here's the inspiration picture for this week:



Be sure to stop over at The Shabby Tea Room to see the DT cards and to play along.



Thanks so much for stopping by and have a great day! ♥

6 comments:

Romy said...

Ooh, your card is gorgeous! I love the rig rag pattern you created!

Debbie said...

Stunning as usual, Anabelle! The colors are spot on and your design is so pretty ... thanks for joining the Shabby Girls this week over at the Tea Room :) Hugs, xoxoxo

cnelson said...

So lovely! PERFECT take on the inspiration!

Anonymous said...

Well you did a fantastic job with the chevrons! When I picked the picture and actually started the card...I was saying to myself...what was I thinking ??lol!!

Deanna said...

This is fantastic Anabelle! I LOVE the chevron pattern you did! Gorgeous card!

Lisa Dorsey said...

Absolutely gorgeous my dear!!!